Just so you know,
I would have texted you. I would have called to check in.
But you (each) seemed fine with not needing me in your life.
I watched you make those mistakes.
I heard the little lies you told to everyone and to yourself.
I was aware of your pain,
but again, you appeared good with your choosen path.
And while you were fine, I was devestated.
I cried everytime the phone rang and it wasn't you.
I cried everytime I pulled out of your driveway from visiting the grands.
I cried each night and prayed to God to help me make it through the next day.
My heart is broken in ways that I pray you never know.
And while it is of our making, it doesn't change the pain level.
I do not know how to get back what was taken from me.
I do not begin to understand how and why it happened at all.
I only know that at the end of every day, I miss you.
I miss you and you are still here.
All of this because I choose to love you. Everyday. Without fail.
And everyday a repeat cycle.
I do not know if it will end.
I know my phone doesn't ring.
I know your arms will never wrap around me again.
I know your love feels conditional.
I know my love for you is unconditional. And that I hope to be here when you decide to lower your walls and except each other for who we both are.
I may very well be the only one holding on. And I tell myself its ok.
Its me not to give up on those I did not chose, but that God chose for me. Giving up on you would be in essence giving up on His trust He gave me when He gave me you.
I will give you the space and time. I will grant you the access to inflick that pain. Because I simply love you. Without conditions.
And as always, I will be here when you are ready,
Crying, praying, waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment