Justice is getting what you deserve.
Mercy is getting less than you deserve.
Grace comes from another being, taking the sufferage of the injustice done.
Grace. Small word. Big ramifications. None of us are born with Grace. We learn it. If interested in doing so, we hone it and apply it where needed.
Communication, not just talking, but listening. This is a form of grace. The grace you give to friends when tragedy strikes. To be a shoulder, lend an ear, assist the weak, and show up without being asked. Grace is something we should learn for the empathy of others that need it. The empathy of knowing when and what to say. Not in frustration, anger, but in concern and love.
When people live in a bubble, we tend to show empathy less offen. If people truly want to be aware of other people around them, empathy should come from courteousness without promptness. In a checkout line in a store, DO NOT answer that phone! It can wait. Greet your retailer and make he/she smile. Make anothers day without allowing your phone to interupt the business at hand. Nothing and no one is that important. It is just grace to everyone immediately around you who does not want to hear the issues of your private conversations. Plain and simple.
Show up and be there, just in that moment. Everyone wants to feel heard. TO REALLY FEEL HEARD. Not just talked at. Not having a conversation for the sake of conversation. When you ask a question, give grace to the person to answer BEFORE you ask another question. When you do this you are not really interested in what the other has to say. Your only interested in steering the conversation to where you want it to go. You are not actively listening in anyway. I know so many people that do this. Just stop and listen. You can learn more than you think you know.
In an arguement or disagreement? Sometimes it takes time to just understand. It takes grace to consider from each perspective. It helps to consider all aspects of why and how it started and how it could have been all done differently.
Stop trying to be the center of everyone elses world. Grace means standing back and allowing others to have that spot. Believe me, it is not worth fighting for! I do not want to be a leader in anyone elses life but my own. Wisdom has got me to that point. Grace has helped me accept it. Knowing this and the difference is the key.
I have learned to deal with things much different than others. There are things, people, who are not worth fighting for. Then there are those who Ill continue to fight for with every breath in my body. Learning the basics of what another is seeking is where I have to allow myself to step back. Sometimes the weak deserve to be preyed upon. They should be in order to learn their own lessons. I can not teach them anything. They will always be victims. This is their justice or mercy for how they are. My grace can never help, will never benefit them. I have learned this one the hard way as well.
I am still learning. I am continuing to be more graceful. I am continuing how to LEARN to be MORE graceful. It is a struggle I intend to win!
No comments:
Post a Comment